Friday, May 20, 2011

Gorgeous Kitchen!

Remember my post about all the blogs I follow?  Well, I was a little bored the other day so I spent some time searching Urban Grace for fun DIY projects and before-and-afters and I came across the most beautiful DIY, before-and-after kitchen remodel ever!  Here are the before pictures:




And here are the after pictures:








You might be thinking to yourself, "how is this a DIY project?"  The transformation is incredible, isn't it?  But check out this transition photo.  It shows you what they did.  Rather than spend lots of money to replace the spec cabinets--my stepmom and I had a LONG discussion last night about the horror of spec cabinetry (it's a crime people and someone should be doing time)--they simply moved them higher, added crown modeling, painted them and replaced the hardware.  Same thing for the bottom cabinets--a coat of paint (I love how she chose different colors for the upper and lower cabinets) and some new hardware and they are unrecognizable.


Now, I'm sure she paid someone to replace the tile with wood floor--check out that laminate flooring that was probably hiding under the tile!--and maybe even someone to do the subway tile back splash, but the back splash, at least, is something you could learn to do yourself.  Pretty impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment