Thursday, May 19, 2011

DIY Dresser Project

It takes a lot, and I mean a LOT, of money to furnish an apartment, so when it came time to purchase a dresser for my bedroom, I took the cheap road straight to IKEA. I had done some searching online and found the HEMNES 6-drawer dresser in gray-brown.  At $279, the price was right!

But, let's be honest--those dresser pulls leave a little to be desired.  So I did what any creative gal would do and I went to Anthropologie.  They have an amazing assortment of interesting hardware that won't break the bank.  I purchased several options, took them home to test them out and eventually settled on the clear Cabinet Carat Knob.


The knobs are $6 each.  I needed 12, which brings the total cost of the dresser to $351.  Here's a look at the final product (sorry for the poor quality picture, but I'm a better blogger when I can just email photos from my iPhone to myself):

No comments:

Post a Comment