Thursday, July 7, 2011

Father's Day Paella

I realize it's been over a month since my last blog post.  Oops!  I guess things got a little busy.  I just got back from a family vacation to Park City, Utah--it was amazing--and will be sure to post pictures from that trip soon, but I thought I'd write a little something about our Father's Day adventures with paella.

I really can't take too much credit for this--actually, I can't take any credit, except for taking the pictures.  My sister Erin, the chef, and my stepmom Barbara concocted this whole plan to build a fire pit in our backward and make homemade paella.  They were inspired by the Canal House cookbooks and even utilized the same recipe, which you can find in Volume 1.  Here are a few pictures of the prep and cooking:

Erin standing next to the fire pit.
Chicken breasts are cooked first.
Chicken breasts are removed then tomatoes and other goodies are cooked.
Chicken is added back into the mix.
The final product, ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment